Here are some tips to help you plan your family photo session.
- Coordinate your family's clothing in both style and color. For example, dark shirts and khakis or black turtlenecks and jeans look great in a family photo.
- Keep the design of the outfits simple so as not to date your photos.
- Don't mix casual and formal attire.
Tone, Colour and Pattern
- Opt for clothing in the same tonal ranges so that no single member of the family stands out.
- Select solid colors in subdued tones (eg: blues, greys) and have each person select his or her outfit within the color scheme.
- Avoid large or bold patterns since they tend to draw attention away from the face and will clash when grouped together.
- The night before your portrait, lay out each family member's clothing on a bed and view as a group to catch anything that might clash.
- Make sure everybody's shoes are clean and polished as we will be taking full-length shots.
- Please check that hair is groomed and neat, especially the children's.
And finally, relax and have fun! We love our job behind the camera. We hope you have a great time in front of it!